Sheena Livingstone, Beth MacLaughlin and Kathy O'Neill
6/7th May 2023
West Linton (20 minutes from Edinburgh City Bypass)
This 2 day workshop is designed to give the Remedial and Sports or Advanced Remedial Massage Therapist an introduction to the practical aspects of designing a rehabilitation programme for an injured athlete. The principles taught can be used for any injury, whether sustained by a sports person or a wheelchair bound 90 year old, with examples of this being introduced throughout the workshop. The two days will be very practical, with many exercises and stretches for each part of the body explained and practiced.
The two day workshop will cover the following areas:
● The healing process, with timelines for the stages in healing
● The principles of rehabilitation
● The stages of rehabilitation, in line with the healing process
● How to design a rehabilitation programme
● Design of rehabilitation programmes from point of injury to full functional fitness for a variety of sports and types of injury
The workshop is aimed at therapists with good knowledge of anatomy and physiology, and is therefore suitable for those with a Diploma in Remedial and Sports Massage or above.
This workshop is also part of the Diploma in Remedial and Sports Massage and will be run alongside it.
If you would like to attend this fantastic workshop, please complete the application form.